Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ludum Dare #16 end of day 1 progress

I am doing significantly better today than yesterday which I suppose is to be expected. I ended up not being able to fall asleep yesterday until 6:00 AM. I will not go into the reasons for reasons except to say that it had something to do with the fact that I drank somewhere between 3 and 5 gallons of water yesterday.

At any rate today I corrected the display issues and put an agent and gold and a fog of war on the map! At the moment the gold cannot be collected and the agents are only capable of completely random movement. Here is how it looks



Not terribly inspiring perhaps but I am still pretty happy with it considering I didn't remember python nearly as well as I thought I did and I didn't learn the use of pygame nearly as fast as I would have liked. (though that part wasn't surprising)
While it isn't anything amazing for 24 hours of progress it will still mean that i can get something playable done inside of 48 hours.

No comments: