- 12 oz box of Stelline pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable soup base*
- 2 leaves fresh basil, chopped
*I used some stuff called "better than bouillon vegetable base" which rather obviously is a bouillon substitute and I am not sure how this would translate into bouillon, but you could definitely use that instead or replace the soup base and water with an appropriate amount of vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you don't care about the dish being vegetarian)
1) saute the onion and the garlic with the olive oil in a saucepan until the onion is slightly translucent.
2) add the zucchini and red bell pepper and saute 4 minutes
3) If necessary move the mixture into a pot large enough to contain all the ingredients (My saucepan is too small to accommodate everything). Add the water and the soup base and bring to a boil.
4)once the mixture begins boiling add the stelline and cook for 4 minutes constantly stirring.
5) mix in the basil and let sit for 5 minutes.
6) enjoy (parmesan cheese is great on top!)