Friday, January 15, 2010

My office is getting taken over by robots

As I was sitting in my office today I was informed of the fact that for the next 6 weeks I would be sharing the office with a bunch of high school students. The high school students are apparently working to make robots for some competition. They put a keybox next to the office door so that anyone who knows the combination to the box can get out the key and unlock the door. I suppose that on the bright side this means that if I lock myself out of my office during the first 6 weeks of the semester I won't have to go get a master key in order to get back in.

I am a little apprehensive about the presence of these students it might be interesting to have them around or it could be monumentally annoying. Since I have become something of an artificial intelligence fanatic over the past couple of years though I probably won't be able to keep myself from asking them about how they are coding up the AI. Perhaps they should be getting a little primer in q-learning or kernel learning...

No comments: